Thursday, April 30, 2009

My first course...

It is said that true love is where you come back... and come back one more time... and then never go. I was 18 and my father did not like me sleeping late in the morning, and so I was enrolled into an 'Art of Living' Youth course. 'Art of Living' because he had himself done the course recently, and found it exceptional!

I was not looking forward to it at all, and neither did I look back much at it after it was finished.

A few things stayed with me though. I still fondly remember the monkey process, that kirayedaar story, oh yes... the Dog and the Bone game! :-) I feel so full of gratitude everytime I share the same stories or play the same game with my students. Satnam Singh and Lata Singh were the fabulous teachers!

I went around flaunting the knowledge from the course, and did it impress my friends! It somehow never occured to me to acknowledge the source of my sudden found wisdom though.

It may not have lasted long, but for atleast a couple of weeks I was very aware and very much in the present. It was very interesting to realize that I am opening the door and Hey! I am so aware that I am opening the door! :-)

I failed to realise the value in the practices, and eventually didn't bother doing them. In the next two years, I sat down to meditate exactly once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And one such lucky student was me.......today, the strength & satisfaction that I'm bestowed with is definitely due to the ART OF LIVING & I owe this to my teachers......MANISH BHAIYA n SRIVIDYA MA'M....I'm here because of you!!!! This might be the nth time I'm saying this but once again THANK YOU Manish Bhaiya!!!!

Vivek.

Unknown said...

you are welcome :>