Friday, May 22, 2009

Thank you...

I walked into the Office Yoga Hall 20 minutes late. There were people waiting, just for me, some of them were senior managers! Usually I get worried and anxious when something like this happens. Today, it was different. I was happy and smiling effortlessly! The morning sadhana had firmly fixed me into the present moment. And the guilt of making busy big shots wait on me, wasn't enough to shake anything in me! I had a lesson to learn here, I took my lesson and made the required resolution. And that's about it.

The Kriya started and finished. I saw it happen one more time... the super magic of Sudarshan Kriya!

Now, there were some blissful souls sitting in front of me. I narrated to them them a little story; of a barber and a Pandit ji, and they smiled and giggled like little children! We got up to leave, and one of them came up and hugged me, another few came up and said thank you! Now in office, the smile's are mostly plastic and the thank you's are superficial. This was different... this was amazing!!!

In the restroom, I looked in the mirror... there was a glow on my face! I smiled to myself before a hearty splash of water! And then walked down to my workplace, where some super delicious sandwhiches waited for me. Neha had got up early and got the breakfast and the lunch ready in time!

I realized that I get the hug's and the thank you's, and it is appreciated that... when most people are just busy fixing their own lives, I go out and fix some other lives too. No one realizes, that I can do that... because someone takes care of me, because someone keeps my life beautiful and fragrant, because someone instilled the right values in me, because someone let me do what I wanted to do, because someone taught me how to walk and talk and read and write, because someone taught me how to teach. I feel contented and so full of gratitude for Guruji, for you and for so many people who have shaped me as I am, and who in their own way... are helping me learn and be myself... more and more, more and more!


There is no greater joy in the world, than the joy of being in gratitude and in service.

Jai Gurudev
love & gratitude,
manish

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manish...from the times we last met you have changed a lot....or was that I didnt notice the inner Manish.....

Its nice to se you grow spiritually and as a person. There is no greater joy than making a positive difference to somebody's life. And thats what you are doing my friend. I feel nice that i know you as my friend....... Ajeet

Unknown said...

Hehe! The inner is pretty much the same for everyone... the good news for me is that the outer is just falling more and more in sync with the inner!

It's been a long time... a lot of things have changed!! We are both married now... and that's just one thing :>

Hope to see you soon!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Manu it is really heartening to see u grow intellectually as well as spiritually!Keep it up!May Guru's special blessings are always with u!Live in the blissful state today and forever.Love sarita

robin said...

Very Touching!! no doubt this glow was n will remain there just like this...i wish i was there...

Anonymous said...

very nice post....but wanna hear that story of "pandit ji & barber"...pl post it here...jgd:)

Sweta said...

even i want that story!

Unknown said...

I will tell it you guys sometime. It's very boring to type it out...