Sunday, February 8, 2009

home

coming back to Delhi...
I think there is a switch somewhere inside me... and when first words in haryaanvi accent from the 'airport taxi desk' greet me... the switch swiftly points itself to home!

And then, as the taxi speeds past the familiar wide roads in Delhi Cantt... leading to Hari Nagar, the furniture market on Jail Road, ... Mira Model School... and finally to Vikaspuri... it seems like I have never been anywhere else! Aundh, Baner, Hinjewadi... sound like funny words, just like they sounded when I first heard them about three and a half years ago!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you frame the words. Hope you have a great vactaion.
Say my Hello to Delhi.

Ajeet

Parul.G said...

heheh ..soooooooo true when i came to mumbai first time for delhi dombivili , bandra ,thane, chinchpokli,godbunder road, kandivili.........then in banglore kalasipalayam ..then pune pimple :P:P it all sounded so funny first time

Parul.G said...

heheh ..soooooooo true when i came to mumbai first time from delhi dombivili , bandra ,thane, chinchpokli,godbunder road, kandivili.........then in banglore kalasipalayam ..then pune pimple :P:P it all sounded so funny first time