Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

I don't know where to start from ... :-)

Ok, First and foremost - I got a very special gift from ... yes ... GOD himself! :-) Too bad, I cant reveal what he gave me today ... it's a secret!

My day started, with some special birthday wishes!! And then the most special gift... from Guruji, the Sudarshan Kriya, and there I was - right in the present moment! I reached office, 5 minutes late ... straight into the daily stand up meeting. Now, if you are late for a meeting and its your birthday - relax ... all anyone can say to you today is "Happy Birthday!!!"

And then it was kaju roll, mango burfi, ice cream, more kaju roll, more mango burfi and once more mango burfi and once more kaju roll and I continued filling up sucrose in every cell of my body ... after the office, it continued with the cake that Himanshu got for the party, more ice cream and a gulab jamun and one more gulab jamun ... phew ... at Mezza9! And it has ended (hopefully) with a brilliant kheer, Shantam prepared for me at home!

Birthday wishes came in from family, friends ... some really unexpected! I did not have phone numbers of so many people who called me and wished me today! Parag called me from the US just like that... and I tell him to wish me, its my birthday!!! Ravi, a dude who was with me in Advance and TTC, and we never spoke for the 25 odd days we were together... gives me a phone call and he doesn't know why he has called me... of course I informed him of the noble purpose of his call! :-)

Birthday resolution - CUT THE SWEETS from next month! (Not this month because I got to finish the pinni's mummy prepared for me and also the sona halwa I got from Delhi)

Oh that reminds me of a very cute birthday wish I got from Sona, Neha's niece! Sona also holds the honor of being the first person to call me "Manish Uncle", yea... I know there is more to come!

I can be nothing but grateful for having such lovely friends and family... Thank You:-) (When Menka called me today I said Hi and Thank You even before she could say Happy Birthday... Thank You has been so much on my tongue... HeeHee!!)

No comments: