Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tree Plantation

Avla, Imli, Badaam, Sitaphal and Laxmitaru saplings were lined up in a corner in Keshav Mangal Karyalya near Hinjewadi Chowk, as rain pelted down on our rain caps. I love Sitaphal shake so it sounded like a good idea to plant a Sitaphal tree...my grand children would also be able to enjoy a Sitaphal shake then! The second sapling I picked up was Laxmitaru, because Guruji recommends this one and it has a whole lot of benefits! Soon everyone picked up their two trees and a sickle! yea, a sickle :-) and we were off to the small hill in Phase I Hinjewadi.

I had to go get a couple of late comers and when we reached the hill again, Pallavi had already planted her Badaam Tree and she had done it rather artistically. And, did I get inspired! The rain had stopped and there I was hitting the ground hard with my sickle! The ground was intriguing, wet soil, multi coloured pebbles, grass strands...and as it loosed up it was quite a sight! I removed the loose soil and planted my Laxmitaru, creating a nice little platform around it and then posed for some pictures :-) :-)

It had started to rain again, most of us were now digging up to plant the second tree. Two little boys living in the slum around also joined us! I spotted a really nice spot to plant my Sitaphal tree, just on the edge of a small cliff structure. I jumped my way there and my enthusiastic sickle started to bolt the ground; I had hardly dug up when my sickle met with rock...ton ton ton and phew! I had to go back to a comparatively boring spot where my Sitaphal Tree would stand. It wasn't long before we were all done and clapping for ourselves (on my insistence :) )

No comments: